What is Title IX?
Title IX is a comprehensive federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity. Title IX applies, with a few specific exceptions, to all aspects of federally-funded education programs or activities.
What does this mean for TVCA Faculty, Staff, and Students?
Title IX ensures legal protections for all members of the TVCA community, faculty, staff, and students from misconduct, harassment, and discrimination regardless of race, gender, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, country of origin, or any other legally protected category.
Discrimination and misconduct may include, but is not limited to:
- Unequal treatment in educational programs or employment.
- Sexual Harassment, such as unwelcome sexual advances, stalking or harassment on social media.
- Sexual violence, such as sexual assault, dating violence or domestic violence.
Policies Related to Title IX
With regard to employment, Treasure Valley Classical Academy is committed to:
Selecting employees based on skill, training, ability, knowledge, attitude, and character without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, service member status, or any category protected by law.
Treasure Valley Classical Academy does not tolerate the harassment of, or discrimination against, applicants, employees, students, parents, or vendors. Any form of harassment or discrimination relating to an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, service member status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law is a violation of this policy and will be treated as a disciplinary matter.
Title IX Coordinator Contact Information
Mr. J. Hymas
500 SW 3rd St.
Fruitland, ID 83619
Phone: (208) 779-4088
Trainings & Updates
- Title IX Responsibilities and Resources
- Title IX and the First Amendment
- K-12 Investigation Report Overview
- Grievance Process (Part 1)
- Grievance Process (Part 2)
- Grievance Process (Part 3)
- Grievance Process (Part 4)